Simplifying Complex Trauma: An Attachment Approach to Complex Cases (6 Hours)
Course includes 6 EMDRIA Credits and 6 APA CE Credits!
This 6 hour virtual training focuses on how to successfully navigate working with complex cases. We discuss how to conceptualize complex presentations and how to understand complex trauma. Specific tools will be shown for identifying what is needed and how to provide the healing experience. You will learn how the body plays a role and the specific ways of working somatically. In understanding and working with your own attachment issues, it will allow you to be more present in the therapeutic process.
Instructor: Deborah Kennard
- Participants will identify 3 ways that early attachment patterns can show up in the therapy process.
- Participants will describe at least 2 resource areas that are helpful to explore prior to EMDR therapy processing.
- Participants will describe how a client’s strengths can also be a block in EMDR processing.
- Participants will demonstrate how the Answer questionnaire can be used to identify client strengths, blocks, patterned survival responses and relational attachment patterns.
- Participants will describe a way to use an experiment in the EMDR therapy process.
- Participants will describe how moment to moment mindfulness can be useful in deepening the client’s sense of safety.
- Participants will identify how the Answer questionnaire can be useful in deciding which resources the client may need to develop.
- Participants will identify at least 3 indicators that a client is outside of the affective window of tolerance.
- Participants will identify how attachment wounds can create developmental disruptions.
- Participants will describe how to use a cognitive interweave of talking directly to the younger part of the client.
- Participants will describe how to use verbal tracking of the client’s experience to assist the client in deepening awareness of their experience.
- Participants will identify how dissociation can be an adaptive response that is also a strength for the client.
- Participants will describe how the client’s posture can be an indication of the client’s past traumatic and attachment experiences.
- Participants will describe how to work with excess fear response during the EMDR reprocessing phases.
Target Audience: Psychologists, Psychoanalysts, Social Workers, MFTs, Counselors, Substance Abuse Counselors, Nurses
Prerequisite: Completion of 6-day EMDR Basic Training
Access is granted for 1 year after purchase!
Conflict of Interest: There are no known conflicts of interests for this workshop
Please see participation agreement for cancellation policy