If you have wondered how to integrate somatic and attachment therapies into your EMDR practice, this workshop is for you. We will be offering practical concepts and methods that can be utilized immediately with most clients.
An art in itself, the treatment of clients with extensive trauma histories takes many clinicians decades of additional learning to combine with EMDR therapy so that they may provide an integrated therapy that addresses the safety, resourcing, and integration needed for successful treatment.
This is a 24-hour, 6-part master class.
Many clinicians have expressed that our concepts have drastically changed the way they look at the therapy process. If you have taken our 6 day basic training, we will take you deeper. If you have had a different EMDR training, you will learn how to include somatic and attachment concepts and tools into your current EMDR therapy.
Learning Objectives: Participants will be able to:
- Utilize the S.A.F.E. tools to help identify patterns in the history taking phase with clients.
- Identify how the presenting issue is also an adaptation and strength for the client.
- Utilize a tool to identify areas of imbalance for the client and how to work with them.
- Identify how the principle of mindfulness can be used to increase client stability and deepen effectiveness for the clinician.
- Learn how slowing down in the therapy process can help the go faster using curiosity and moment-to-moment tracking of the client experience.
- Identify how the principle of nonviolence can potentially increase the client’s sense of safety, especially with complex trauma.
- Identify the difference between PTSD trauma and developmental attachment trauma and how to work with them differently.
- Utilize a tool to help identify current resources, strengths and missing experiences.
- Learn a simplified way to work with client parts
- Learn a tool to help identify the true experiential root which developed prior to the attachment pattern.
- Learn somatic and attachment interweaves.
- Identify ways the attachment pattern appears when the client gets close to pain.
- Learn to identify current somatic resources and work to expand the client’s somatic resources, increasing affect and connection tolerance.
- Learn how to integrate somatic and attachment theory in a practical, simplified way across the 8 phases of EMDR Therapy.
- Learn how to work with various client adaptations depending on the client’s individual needs.
- Learn to identify how the interplay of the client’s and therapist’s patterns and how to use that information to super charge the therapy process.