1. The three-pronged protocol refers to which of the following:
Shapiro p. 216
Question 2 of 20
2. The positive/future template involves applying bilateral dual attention stimulation while a client runs through the sequence of a challenging past experience until there is no longer a disturbance associated with it.
Shapiro p. 206
Question 3 of 20
3. Delineating the client’s presenting complaint and its symptoms, initial causes, duration, and additional past occurrences occurs during which Phase?
Shapiro p. 98-100
Question 4 of 20
4. Shapiro (2018) states that because EMDR therapy has been shown to be effective and efficient, it is not necessary to take steps to test whether clients can manage moderate to high levels of emotional disturbance and to practice self-control procedures.
Shapiro P. 88
Question 5 of 20
5. Shapiro (2018) suggests the Safe/Calm place exercise is recommended as part of the preparation phase before starting reprocessing because:
Shapiro p. 117
Question 6 of 20
6. When selecting an image during Assessment Phase, the clinician should specifically ask:
Shapiro p. 125
Question 7 of 20
7. A Negative Cognition (NC) is a negative self-statement the client believes at least to some extent about themselves now when recalling the disturbing event and picture.
Shapiro p. 125
Question 8 of 20
8. What is the Validity of Cognition scale range (VoC)?
Shapiro p. 129
(Phase 3: Validity of Cognition Scale- VOC)
Question 9 of 20
9. Naming the emotion(s) in the Assessment phase is important because:
Shapiro p. 130
Question 10 of 20
10. Which three things should the clinician ask the client to notice when beginning the Desensitization Phase?
Question 11 of 20
11. During the Desensitization Phase after the first set of BLS, it is advisable for the clinician to:
Shapiro p. 137
Question 12 of 20
12. Three primary themes for interweaves are:
Shapiro p. 259
Question 13 of 20
13. Phase 8 Reevaluation:
Shapiro p. 191
Question 14 of 20
14. Shapiro (2018) states that, when reprocessing is not progressing even after changing the nature or type of bilateral dual attention stimulation, the clinician should:
Shapiro p. 190
Question 15 of 20
15. When processing the initial target is unsuccessful, the clinician should consider inquiring about negative beliefs that are blocking progress.
Shapiro p. 85-97
(Phase 1: Case conceptualization and target sequencing)
Question 16 of 20
16. When beginning the Phase 5 Installation, the first question to ask is:
Shapiro p. 151-152
Question 17 of 20
17. When checking the VOC during Installation Phase, the therapist should say:
Shapiro p. 152
Question 18 of 20
18. Because of the potential of EMDR for rapid destabilization, there are many client factors to consider prior to beginning EMDR. Which of the following is NOT a factor?
Shapiro p. 500-502
Question 19 of 20
19. In EMDR therapy, pathology is viewed in terms of maladaptive memory networks which have not been fully reprocessed and continue to be held in a state-specific form giving rise to maladaptive perceptions, behaviors, beliefs and attitudes.
Shapiro p. 44
Question 20 of 20
20. The AIP model states that maladaptive personality traits may be:
Shapiro p. 38
Pin It on Pinterest
Accessing this course requires a login. Please enter your credentials below!