6-Day S.A.F.E. EMDR Training | Virtual Cohort O (PDT)
July 8-10 & August 5-7, 2021 (PDT)
July 8-10 & August 5-7, 2021 (PDT)
- One year access to the online training portal
- Access to our PTI email group
- Access to the PTI Graduates Facebook page
- Access to free monthly webinars
- A path toward becoming an EXPERT through our certification groups and more!
The 6-Day Basic Training with Personal Transformation Institute provides clinicians with an experiential understanding of EMDR therapy so that they may integrate EMDR into their practice. The Basic Training results in you being EMDR Trained and eligible to pursue certification in EMDR Therapy. Personal Transformation Institute is an EMDRIA-Approved EMDR Training provider. This training meets and exceeds the requirements set by EMDRIA for initial trainings in EMDR.
The Basic Trainings meet for a total of 50 hours. Over the course of two weekends, participants meet from 7:50 to 5:10 PM PDT daily.
Learning will be a mix of individual, lecture, group, consultation and practice.
Description of Training
Through engaging visual presentation and interactive lecture, participants will be instructed in: a. The history of EMDR, including research and foundational overview b. The model of EMDR: the concept of Adaptive Information Processing c. The methodology of EMDR: the 8 Phases, as well as working with special populations and understanding professional, legal, ethical issues
2. Practice Under the supervision of the PTI Trainer and their Assistant, participants will practice various components of EMDR Therapy in groups of two or three, using their real-life experience as a basis for practicum. Because of the potential intensity of this kind of practice and training, participants will be instructed in somatic (body-based) resources to regulate affect and remain safe.
3. 10 Hours of Consultation In the second weekend of training, participants will consult with their PTI Trainer to receive feedback and instruction concerning real cases, specialized topics, and further development of EMDR therapy skills.
Virtual Meeting We will utilize the Zoom tool for this training and require participants to show their face during the meeting to engage. Please make sure your computer meets the Zoom Requirements
Forum All participants get access to a Forum specific to their group. This area allows participants to interact with participants and faculty before, during and after the training.
Materials All course materials are delivered digitally
- Identify 3 components of the EMDR Approach designed to provide effective treatment with clients
- Describe 3 important existing research studies
- Name the 8 phases of EMDR therapy for comprehensive treatment and how to implement the phases with clients
- Identify the criteria with EMDR therapy to safely and effectively implement EMDR therapy with clients
- Describe 3 aspects of the AIP Model for effective case conceptualization and treatment planning
- List 6 types of client complaints treatable with EMDR therapy
- Describe the criteria for client selection and how to apply to client cases
- Describe 3 safety measures for effective and safe use of EMDR therapy
Days Four through Six:
- Describe 3 resources to help clients stay within the window of tolerance
- Describe protocols for closing down incomplete sessions
- Describe 3 resources to use with difficult or resistant clients
- Describe a treatment plan to choose and prioritize targets appropriate for EMDR treatment
- Describe strategies for dealing with highly emotional responses
- Describe strategies for dealing with dissociative symptoms and phobias
- Describe strategies to treat more complex trauma-related disorders
Early Registration Discount: Register and complete payment 30 days prior to the training to receive $100 off. The discount is automatically included in the cart.
Group Discount: If 4 or more people sign up together each of you get $200 off. This discount can be combined with the Early Registration Discount for a total of $300 off. Please click here to fill out the group discount form.
If you have a group of 20 or more that you would like to have trained together, please contact us at email@example.com.
We do not offer any other discounts at this time.