6-Day S.A.F.E. EMDR Training | Virtual Cohort 2 (CT)
January 13-15 & February 10-12, 2022 Central Time
January 13-15 & February 10-12, 2022 Central Time
We are excited to announce that we have received EMDRIA accreditation to provide EMDR Training virtually. We will be offering a variety of online training cohort groups. These training groups will have a higher than normal ratio of training coach:participant to ensure everyone gets excellent supervision of the using the EMDR skills. Many of you have been waiting for a chance to learn EMDR without leaving home and now you can! Personal Transformation Institute, PTI, has been offering instant access online learning for over 5 years. When you register for one of our EMDR Therapy trainings you become a part of the PTI community! As a member you get:
- One year access to the online training portal
- Access to our PTI email group
- Access to the PTI Graduates Facebook page
- Access to free monthly webinars
- A path toward becoming an EXPERT through our certification groups and more!
The 6-Day Basic Training with Personal Transformation Institute provides clinicians with an experiential understanding of EMDR therapy so that they may integrate EMDR into their practice. The Basic Training results in you being EMDR Trained and eligible to pursue certification in EMDR Therapy. Personal Transformation Institute is an EMDRIA-Approved EMDR Training provider. This training meets and exceeds the requirements set by EMDRIA for initial trainings in EMDR.
The Basic Trainings meet for a total of 50 hours. Over the course of two weekends, participants meet from 7:50 to 5:10 PM Central Time daily. It is required to attend all training hours live to receive credit. No partial credit given.
Learning will be a mix of individual, lecture, group, consultation and practice.
Description of Training
Through engaging visual presentation and interactive lecture, participants will be instructed in: a. The history of EMDR, including research and foundational overview b. The model of EMDR: the concept of Adaptive Information Processing c. The methodology of EMDR: the 8 Phases, as well as working with special populations and understanding professional, legal, ethical issues
2. Practice Under the supervision of the PTI Trainer and their Assistant, participants will practice various components of EMDR Therapy in groups of two or three, using their real-life experience as a basis for practicum. Because of the potential intensity of this kind of practice and training, participants will be instructed in body-based resources to regulate affect and remain safe.
3. 10 Hours of Consultation In the second weekend of training, participants will consult with their PTI Trainer to receive feedback and instruction concerning real cases, specialized topics, and further development of EMDR therapy skills.
Virtual Meeting We will utilize the Zoom tool for this training and require participants to show their face during the meeting to engage. Please make sure your computer meets the Zoom Requirements
Forum All participants get access to a Forum specific to their group. This area allows participants to interact with participants and faculty before, during and after the training.
Materials All course materials are delivered digitally except for the required reading of Francine Shaprio’s book
Conflict of Interest: There are no known conflicts of interests for this workshop
Days One through Three:
- Identify 3 components of the EMDR Approach designed to provide effective treatment with clients
- Describe 3 important existing research studies
- Identify the 8 phases of EMDR therapy for comprehensive treatment and how to implement the phases with clients
- Identify the criteria with EMDR therapy to safely and effectively implement EMDR therapy with clients
- Describe 3 aspects of the AIP Model for effective case conceptualization and treatment planning
- List 6 types of client complaints treatable with EMDR therapy
- Describe the criteria for client selection and how to apply to client cases
- Describe 3 safety measures for effective and safe use of EMDR therapy
- Distinguish between Direct Questioning and the Floatback technique during Phase 1 History Taking and Treatment Planning
- Describe one purpose for Safe/Calm State utilization
- Identify the purpose of the Assessment Phase of EMDR therapy
- Describe how to conduct the Phase 6 Body Scan
- Describe when you would apply the Future Template
Days Four through Six:
- Describe 3 resources to help clients stay within the window of tolerance
- Describe protocols for closing down incomplete sessions
- Describe 3 resources to use with difficult or resistant clients
- Describe a treatment plan to choose and prioritize targets appropriate for EMDR treatment
- Describe strategies for dealing with highly emotional responses
- Describe strategies for dealing with dissociative symptoms and phobias
- Describe strategies to treat more complex trauma-related disorders
- Distinguish between EMD, restricted reprocessing and the EMDR standard protocol
- Identify 2 clinical situations where EMD would be appropriate as an intervention
- Describe how to offer a cognitive interweave when the client’s reprocessing is blocked
- Identify three clinical choices (past/present/future) for where to start reprocessing with addictions and compulsions
- Describe 3 strategies for dealing with highly emotional responses
Early Registration Discount: Register and complete payment 30 days prior to the training to receive $100 off. The discount is automatically included in the cart.
Group Discount: If 4 or more people sign up together each of you get $200 off. This discount can be combined with the Early Registration Discount for a total of $300 off. Please click here to fill out the group discount form.
If you have a group of 20 or more that you would like to have trained together, please contact us at email@example.com.
We do not offer any other discounts at this time.