6 Day EMDR Training | Jefferson City, MO
The Missouri Coalition for Community Behavioral Healthcare
221 Metro Drive Jefferson City, MO 65109
Dr. Wanda K Holloway will be the trainer for this event.
The 6-Day Basic Training with Personal Transformation Institute provides clinicians with an experiential understanding of EMDR therapy so that they may integrate EMDR into their practice. The Basic Training results in you being EMDR Trained and eligible to pursue certification in EMDR Therapy.
Personal Transformation Institute is an EMDRIA-Approved EMDR Training provider. This training meets and exceeds the requirements set by EMDRIA for initial trainings in EMDR.
The Basic Trainings meet for a total of 50 hours. Over the course of two weekends, participants meet from 7:55 am to 5:05 p.m, with lunch from 12 pm to 1 pm on their own.
Between the weekends, participants meet virtually with their PTI Trainer for 2 hours for a video conference. This training builds the 10 hours of consultation into the weekends.
Training Course Description
Through engaging visual presentation and interactive lecture, participants will be instructed in:
a. The history of EMDR, including research and foundational overview
b. The model of EMDR: the concept of Adaptive Information Processing
c. The methodology of EMDR: the 8 Phases, as well as working with special populations and understanding professional, legal, ethical issues
Under the supervision of the PTI Trainer and their Assistant, participants will practice various components of EMDR Therapy in groups of two or three, using their real-life experience as a basis for practicum. Because of the potential intensity of this kind of practice and training, participants will be instructed in somatic (body-based) resources to regulate affect and remain safe.
3. 10 Hours of Consultation
At the beginning and end of each day, participants will consult with their PTI Trainer to receive feedback and instruction concerning real cases, specialized topics, and further development of EMDR therapy skills.
What You’ll Recieve
- A training manual written by Deb Kennard, including original practicum sheets and somatic resource exercises.
- A year of access to the Basic Training Portal where you may download supplemental materials and view support videos.
- An invitation to PTI’s Google Group– a message board where you can interact with other past trainees to find referrals, ask questions, and receive in-depth responses from your new community.
- The option to seamlessly pursue further training in specialized topics through our distance learning programs and/ or Advanced Certification.
It is required by EMDRIA that all Basic Training participants read the Third Edition of Francine Shapiro’s book, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy, Third Edition: Basic Principles, Protocols, and Procedures, available here.
PTI recommends that you familiarize yourself with the reading prior to the training but does not require that you read the entire book before the training.
Basic Training Learning Objectives
Days One through Three:
- Identify 3 components of the EMDR Approach designed to provide effective treatment with clients
- Describe 3 important existing research studies
- Name the 8 phases of EMDR therapy for comprehensive treatment and how to implement the phases with clients
- Identify the criteria with EMDR therapy to safely and effectively implement EMDR therapy with clients
- Describe 3 aspects of the AIP Model for effective case conceptualization and treatment planning
- List 6 types of client complaints treatable with EMDR therapy
- Describe the criteria for client selection and how to apply to client cases
- Describe 3 safety measures for effective and safe use of EMDR therapy
Days Four through Six:
- Describe 3 resources to help clients stay within the window of tolerance
- Describe protocols for closing down incomplete sessions
- Describe 3 resources to use with difficult or resistant clients
- Describe a treatment plan to choose and prioritize targets appropriate for EMDR
- Describe strategies for dealing with highly emotional responses
- Describe strategies for dealing with dissociative symptoms and phobias
- Describe strategies to treat more complex trauma-related disorders
EMDRIA approved training programs in EMDR Therapy are open to mental health professionals who are licensed (or certified or registered) by their state or provincial government for the independent practice of psychotherapy.
Training programs are also open to advanced graduate students, interns, and other mental health professionals on a licensure track, with a letter of support from their supervisor.
Early Registration Discount: Register and complete payment 30 days prior to the training to receive $100 off. The discount is automatically included in the cart.
Sponsor Discount: Discounts are available for those that sponsor EMDR events. All employees of sponsoring agencies receive $400 off of the registration fee. This discount can be combined with the Early Registration Discount for a total of $500 off! Please click here to fill out the form.
Group Discount: If 4 or more people sign up together each of you get $200 off. This discount can be combined with the Early Registration Discount for a total of $300 off. Please click here to fill out the group discount form.
We do not offer any other discounts at this time.
A S.A.F.E Training
This training is informed by attachment and somatic therapies.
Due to the intensity of trauma training, resources are taught and experienced throughout the training process as a way to keep participants engaged and emotionally regulated. These resources include somatic and attachment informed methods that are especially helpful in working with traumatized clients. By making the training safe, complex ideas simple, and the atmosphere as fun as possible, the learning experience is optimized.
Our mission is to offer the most cutting edge, effective EMDR trainings with a foundation of attachment and somatic psychology theories. The trainings will not only teach the concepts, but will also demonstrate the foundational principles of effective therapy:
- Healthy boundaries
By applying the concepts to self before clients, the therapist has an opportunity to learn in an embodied, experiential way that invites deeper understanding and insight. Please review the Participation Agreement for more information about our mission to keep our participants safe.
Interested in attending this event?